Thirteen Photos – Exhibition Evaluation
Overall the exhibition was a general success, everyone within the team managed to complete their work to a deadline and we all had great quality images printed and mounted in good time for the show to open. The location aesthetically was very nice, the exhibition boards fit in the room well as well as show casing the engine space as a work room; it was very cultural with a variety of people visiting every day. We all received very good feedback from our work. Although it took a while for us all to become confident in communicating with each other, we all eventually began to work effectively as a team.
There were very little issues for example the geographical location of the engine space was very out of the way and lots of people found it hard to find, there was a lot of preparation put into the exhibition for the images to only be shown for two nights; I believe we may have got a much bigger audience if the images were able to view it for more days. At the beginning of the planning we didn’t communicate well, and I believe this held us back when preparing things like food/drink for visitors.
Organisation, communication and planning
The show ran smoothly, we all met the deadlines we needed to in order to all have images ready to show for the exhibition. We all pulled together when time was running out to ensure we all had our images printed, cut and mounted. The communication was successful between us and external people, such as the engine space owner and the technicians. The social media was also a success and was accessed by all of us, this was something we all had a say in.
Our time planning was quite an issue, we decided on different teams to do different jobs however once these were decided these we didn’t really come back together as a team to discuss what each team had done; other than social media. When we disagreed on things we didn’t really listen to each other, everyone in the group is very strong minded, and this lead to sometimes causing arguments.
For the images for my shoot I shot them well in advance, this ensured I had plenty of time to decide on my best images and for post-production. I also carried out multiple shoots, of two relatively different genres, to make sure I had a back up plan if one shoot didn’t go as well as I hoped. When I had decided on which images I wanted to exhibition I believe they fit together well as a series, showed of my ability and were ready and printed in good time. Lots of people showed interest in my images at the exhibition, with lots of people taking my business card with them.
The biggest issue I faced was my business cards, as I had spent so much time on planning my shoots and preparing my images I left them to very last minute. Although I was very happy with their outcome, I ended up spending a lot of money on very few cards as I needed to pay extra towards fast delivery. I also changed my mind on which images I wanted to use half way though my planning which held me back slightly.